- Contains more Vitamin C than an orange
- Consists of Alpha-Linoleic Acid (ALA), which is an omega-3 fatty acid that supports brain and heart health
- Contains lots of Vitamin A
- Has a lot of Calcium, more than milk!
- Has plenty of Phytonutrients, like quercetin, which helps fight against cancer
Anyways, kale is definitely a good addition to a healthy diet and everyone should start eating it, if you don’t already. A delicious salad that I made (shown above) took all of 5 minutes to make and was really tasty.
The recipe consists of:
- Organic Tuscan Kale from Trader Joes (you can use any type of kale)
- Minced Garlic (to taste)
- Chia Seeds
- Pine Nuts
- Equal parts: olive oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar
To start off I took a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauteed the kale with the garlic. Then once completely wilted, I put in a bowl and sprinkled some Chia seeds and Pine Nuts on top. Next, I made a homemade dressing made up of equal parts of olive oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. I did about a spoonful of each and mixed it up and drizzled over my kale. It was delicious 🙂