This Salted Date Caramel Smoothie is to die for! Imagine a milkshake that tastes super creamy, caramely, and sweet but is actually made with nutritious ingredients, like vegetables.
Yes, I said vegetables. The secret ingredient in this smoothie is actually frozen CAULIFLOWER! Now, I know what you’re thinking- that’s gross. But I’m telling you, I’ve been seeing this whole trend of popping in some frozen cauliflower to a smoothie and I thought the same thing…until I actually tried it. And this, my friends, is a great way to try it because it’s just so freaking delicious! Literally a healthy milkshake. And I am convinced that this recipe will turn you into full on cauliflower smoothie advocates. You are welcome!
The other secret ingredient to this smoothie is the vegan Salted Date Caramel. This stuff is great! It does not have the same syrupy texture as caramel but it has a very caramel-like taste and it has no added sugar. Made purely from Medjool Dates, this caramel is an awesome healthier option to the regular caramel.
So you blend some frozen cauliflower florets, some salted date caramel, a little banana, almond milk, vanilla extract, and protein of your choice. And voila, a super healthy breakfast shake or a post-workout snack. Easy peasy.
To make it that much more delicious, I added some maple granola on top. Spooned it out of the cup and had a completely healthy yet satisfying breakfast post-workout in the gym. I am in my happy place now. But you can top it with whatever your heart desires or just drink it straight! As usual, my recipe is just a guide, the real creativity will come from you!
Check out the recipe below for a chance to take your taste buds to creamy, caramely heaven.
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1½ cups Boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt or more to taste
- ½ cup Frozen Cauliflower
- ½ Banana
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon Salted Date Caramel
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- Place the Medjool Dates into a bowl
- Pour the boiling water over the dates and allow to soak for at least 10 minutes
- Strain the dates, reserving ½ cup of the water
- Place the strained dates into a food processor with the ½ cup of water and salt
- Pulse and blend until the date caramel is smooth
- Spoon the Salted Date Caramel into a bowl and reserve in the refrigerator for up to a week
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender
- Blend until thoroughly mixed and completely smooth
- Add more almond milk if necessary
- Pour into a cup
- Serve and enjoy!