Ever wish you lived on a tropical island by the beach with a hammock, a great book, and no worries? Yeah, that’s my daydream every day while sitting at my office desk. Well, these Raw Vegan Passion Fruit Cheesecake Cups can’t fulfill that daydream but they can bring your taste buds pretty damn close to being on a tropical island!
These cheesecake cups are a guilt-free and healthier alternative to the average cheesecake. They are super easy to make and require no baking! Consisting of cashew nuts instead of cream cheese, they are also vegan! The cups don’t taste identical to cheesecake, as is the case with most vegan desserts, but they still have a decadent creamy texture combined with sweet and poignant flavors that will completely satisfy your cheesecake sweet tooth.
So what could be better than a healthier cheesecake alternative flavored with tangy passion fruit? Not much.
The only catch with this dessert is that in the United States, passion fruit is not as readily available and can be very expensive to buy. But as I say with most hard-to-get things these days, thank god for online shopping. On Amazon, you can buy these Passion Fruit Pulp Frozen Packs . They come in 4-lbs (20 packs) and can be stored in the freezer for a while. It’s real pulp and not from concentrate. And the packs are a more economical way to buy passion fruit, because buying single passion fruit in the grocery store can be very pricey in exchange for only a couple spoonfuls of pulp.
So, I believe the best and most economical way to get a lot more passion fruit pulp for your buck is through these Passion Fruit Pulp Frozen Packs . With the extra pulp, you can make these Passion Fruit Cheesecake Cups, cocktails, smoothies, or drizzle on yogurt for breakfast! The passion fruit possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool Dates
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 12 strips of parchment paper or cupcake liners
- 3 cups Cashews, soaked overnight
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk, full-fat from a can
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons (or 6 Tablespoons) Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Passion Fruit Pulp
- ½ cup Passion Fruit Pulp
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- Place all ingredients into a food processor
- Pulse until the mixture is well blended and forms a dough
- Line each muffin cup in a 12-cup muffin pan with strips of parchment paper or cupcake liner (to make it easier to pop out of the mold when done freezing)
- Using your fingers or back of a spoon, place about a tablespoon or tablespoon and a half of crust mixture into each cup on top of the parchment paper strip or cupcake liner
- Press down the crust so that is completely flat on the bottom of the cup
- After filling each cup with crust, make the cheesecake filling
- In a high-speed blender, place all of the ingredients except for the passion fruit pulp
- Blend until the mixture is thoroughly mixed and there are little to no chunks
- Pour filling into a bowl and pour in the passion fruit pulp
- Mix the passion fruit pulp into the filling
- Pour the mixture over the crust into each muffin cup
- Place into freezer for 3-4 hours
- While in the freezer, make the passion fruit syrup topping
- Once frozen, take out of the freezer, allow to thaw for a few minutes, top with passion fruit syrup, serve and enjoy!
- Mix the passion fruit pulp and the maple syrup or honey into a bowl until well blended
- Top each cheesecake cup with syrup
- Serve and enjoy!