Happy Valentine’s Day, Everyone!! I hope you all have an amazing day celebrating your loved ones!
To get into the Valentine’s spirit, I decided to make these strawberry cream cheese waffles. I actually made them on Galentine’s day, the day before Valentine’s Day. And for those of you who don’t know what Galentine’s day is, go ahead and watch my favorite all time comedy show, Parks and Recreation, and discover its true greatness for yourself. Galentine’s day is a day to celebrate your love for your girlfriends created by the character Leslie Knope. And coincidentally enough, waffles on this day are a must. I didn’t plan to make waffles on Galentine’s day, but I guess it just worked out that way!
These waffles are gluten free and made with oat flour but they taste just like regular waffles. You can either make your own oat flour by food processing a bunch of rolled oats to create a fine flour or you can purchase some at the grocery store. I really like to use Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour. I pretty much use Bob’s Red Mill for all of my flours, oats, and basically any dry ingredients for cooking. They’re great!
Super easy to whip up, these waffles can be made in minutes and are super healthy for you. They are drizzled with a healthier strawberry cream cheese syrup made with greek yogurt, maple syrup, cream cheese, and whole strawberries blended together. So yummy that I want to drown my waffles in it…but sadly, that doesn’t look as pretty as this dainty little drizzle does.
Go ahead and get into the Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day) spirit and make your loved ones something sweet for breakfast with no guilt!
Products I used to make this recipe:
- 1½ cups of Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Strawberry Slices and/or Chocolate Chips for topping
- ⅓ cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup Strawberry Slices
- Place the Oat Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt into a bowl and mix together
- Whisk the Maple Syrup, melted Coconut Oil, Almond Milk, and Eggs together in a separate bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together until little to no clumps remain
- Lightly grease a waffle iron with nonstick baking spray
- Pour desired amount of waffle batter into waffle iron
- Cook until waffles are lightly crisp and golden brown
- Top with Strawberry Cream Cheese Syrup, strawberry slices, and chocolate chips
- Serve and enjoy
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor
- Blend until mixture is smooth and has a syrup like consistency
- If mixture is not blending and needs more liquid, add more almond milk
- Drizzle desired amount of syrup over waffles