I can’t believe the summer is basically over. It went by way too fast as it usually does. But I’m not too depressed, cause the end of the summer also brings my birthday. I am excited to have some free time to spend it with my Mom going to a cute little coastal town for the beach and some great seafood. Haven’t been to the beach all summer. Cannot wait.
This summer I had an awesome opportunity to work at a farmer’s market every week. I got to help sell fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. It was an amazing opportunity that helped people gain access to healthier food options. That being said, I got to take home some amazingly sweet watermelon, mouth-watering jalapenos, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and crisp cucumbers. All of which, I put into this refreshing gazpacho!
This gazpacho is different from the traditional because I combined the elements of the savory tomato gazpacho with sweet flavors of both watermelon and strawberry. This adds components of sweet, spicy, and savory! I take out a chilled glass of it to my pool and keep sipping it while basking in the sun. It is so deliciously refreshing. And a good use of the end of the summer watermelons, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers!!
- 1 lb. Strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups Watermelon, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped
- ½ English Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, sliced
- 3-4 fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Feta to top (optional)
- Chop or slice the strawberries, watermelon, tomato, cucumber, and jalapeno pepper
- Place fruit and vegetables into a food processor or blender with the chopped basil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, olive oil, water, and salt and pepper
- Blend until you have reached desired consistency (I like mine pretty smooth) but do not overprocess
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Take out and pour into cups and top with feta or any extra jalapeno, sliced strawberries or chopped basil (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!