Guys. I took the basic Pumpkin Spice Latte to the next level. And I did it with this Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream Affogato. Allow me to rename that “Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream Aff-oh-my-god-o”, because damn, it tastes so good!
For those of you who are wondering, an affogato is ice cream with hot espresso poured on top. Whoever thought of this brilliant idea is a genius and I would like to give them my utmost appreciation and thanks! Affogatos are so yummy. Just imagine a deliciously revamped coffee ice cream that gives your tastebuds a rollercoaster ride of hot and cold flavors mixed together. Is it ice cream or is it a latte? I don’t know, your taste buds don’t know, but everyone is happy here. Freakin’ yum.
And with me being a busy young professional trying to balance it all while still being healthy, I, of course, made this recipe simple and healthy. It takes after my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream and basically pours some espresso on top. So easy that it requires only four ingredients- frozen bananas, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and some steaming hot espresso!
And did I mention it’s healthy? This dessert has no refined sugar added and is vegan! But it still has the creamy texture of an ice cream affogato.
- 4-5 Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1-2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (Optional)
- 4 shots Espresso
- Place the bananas, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice (and maple syrup, if using) in a food processor
- Pulse until the ingredients come together to form an ice cream like texture
- Scoop the pumpkin spice nice cream into a container and place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until it is rehardened
- While the nice cream is in the freezer, make 4 shots of fresh Espresso
- Take the nice cream out of the freezer when hardened and scoop evenly into 4 separate cups
- Pour 1 shot of espresso over the nice cream in each cup
- Serve and enjoy!