Whoever discovered the combination of peanut butter and banana is just plain genius. It is great in this recipe, in oatmeal, in a quinoa bowl, in a sandwich, or just plain good on its own. I personally love making it in a quesadilla style because it is a little crispy on the outside and the peanut butter is nice and gooey on the inside! Yummmmmm! Such a good idea for breakfast!
Here’s how you do it. It’s super simple, super fast, and is a complete healthy breakfast with carbs, protein, and fruit!
- One tortilla (preferably whole wheat or gluten-free)
- Peanut butter (as much as you’d like in it)– I used PB2 the powdered peanut butter that you mix with water
- 1 ripe banana
- Place some oil (I prefer coconut oil for a sweeter taste over olive oil but any oil works) in a medium-large frying pan on medium to medium-high heat (depending on how crispy or soft you want it)
- While it is getting hot, spread some peanut butter onto just one half of your tortilla
- Slice the banana into small thin slices and place as many as you’d like on top of the peanut butter
- Fold the tortilla in half so it makes a half circle shape with your peanut butter and banana inside
- Place tortilla on the frying pan
- Press down with a spatula on the top of the quesadilla and allow to cook for a few minutes, keeping an eye on it so it does not get burned
- Flip your tortilla when it is crispy
- Cook the other side of the tortilla until crispy to your liking