Mmmmm matcha overnight oats with raspberry syrup. What can be better than a healthy breakfast with a little pick-me-up? That’s right, nothing. Matcha + overnight oats + raspberry syrup= amazing breakfast.
Lately, I have been very into the overnight oat trend. I do not know how I survived before I started eating them for breakfast almost every day. It makes eating breakfast in a busy lifestyle SO much more manageable. All you need to do is mix the ingredients together at night in a glass, pop it into the fridge overnight, and wake up in the morning and voila! Delicious matcha overnight oats. So effortless-just the way I like it during my busy last semester of grad school.
Besides overnight oats, I’ve also been in quite a matcha phase. For those of you who don’t know what matcha is, it is ground green tea leaves that contain a ton of antioxidants and gives you energy without the jitters. If you who don’t know where to get good matcha, my favorite matcha brands are DōMatcha Organic Ceremonial Matcha and TerraVerve Organic Culinary Grade Matcha Powder.
Basically, matcha is awesome, which makes these overnight oats all the more awesome. Matcha goes really well with fruit, especially raspberries, in my opinion. That is why I decided to top the soft yummy oaty goodness with some sweet raspberry syrup!
This raspberry syrup has to be the simplest syrup I’ve ever made. It took me five seconds to blend a bag of frozen raspberries from Trader Joe’s together with some Vermont maple syrup, which made a damn tasty raspberry syrup. My recipe makes a lot of it, so I store the leftovers in my fridge to top on pancakes or nice cream for when I am not using it on my overnight oats. It’s so delicious that I sometimes eat a spoonful by itself…or two. I know, how very NOT lean green nutrition fiend of me. But, I can’t help it, it’s so freaking good!
Check out the recipe below and feel free to leave a comment and tell me your thoughts on them!
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup (optional)
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- ½ teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 12 ounce package Frozen Raspberries (I used a full bag from Trader Joe's)
- ¾ cup Maple Syrup
- Place the oats, chia seeds, vanilla extract and maple syrup into a glass or bowl
- Pour the almond milk into a separate glass and whisk in the matcha powder
- Whisk until the matcha powder is thoroughly mixed into the almond milk
- Pour matcha milk mixture over the oat mixture
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Remove from fridge, top with raspberry syrup, serve, and enjoy!
- Place frozen raspberries and maple syrup into a food processor
- If mixture is too thick, add a little more maple syrup or water to blend
- Blend until you've reached a smooth, syrupy texture
- Pour desired amount on top of the overnight oats
- Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge