Currently, I live with my cousin in a small apartment in Boston. Oftentimes my mom drops off snacks and goodies for us to eat. As I was going through the pantry the other day, I saw that my mom had dropped off some dark chocolate cashew butter cups for my cousin from Wegman’s. I ate 3 of them and they were so good! I had never had cashew butter cups before but I had recently gotten really into cashew butter as an alternative to my usual peanut butter or almond butter. To me, it tastes creamier than almond or peanut butter and it just has that delicious buttery taste to it that other butter’s don’t have! I might even like them better than peanut butter cups…maybe… But naturally, I was very jealous of my mom getting these tasty treats for my cousin and not for me, her own child! So I decided to make my own cashew butter cups at home.
These cashew butter cups are super easy to make and only require four ingredients! And all you have to do is place mini cupcake wrappers into mini cupcake tins and fill them with the melted ingredients, let cool and then eat! I made these cashew butter cups as an adaptation of the recipe for Kelley and Cricket’s Maple Almond Butter and Chocolate Cups. The health benefits of these cashew butter cups far exceed Reese’s peanut butter cups from the drugstore in that I used organic Cashew butter, dark chocolate chips, and coconut oil that I bought from Whole Foods and local honey from a nearby farm.
The creamy cashew butter with a hint of honey surrounded by the rich dark chocolate makes these quite a decadent dessert! These cups are rich enough that you won’t want to eat 10 of them like you may want to eat 10 Reese’s peanut butter cups or Hershey kisses. These cups are almost guilt-free (when eaten in moderation of course!) and are all natural! A perfect healthy treat that is an alternative to your usual Reese’s. To make them yourself, check out the recipe below! Hope you try out the recipe 🙂
- 1½ cups of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Cashew Butter
- 1½ Tablespoons Honey
- Mini cupcake liners
- Place the dark chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave
- Place 24 mini cupcake liners into two mini cupcake tins or on a baking sheet
- Pour about a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini cupcake liner and then place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to cool
- Meanwhile, heat the cashew butter, honey, and 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in a small saucepan
- Once the chocolate has cooled, take them out of the freezer and spoon a heaping teaspoon of the cashew butter mixture into each liner on top of the cooled chocolate layer
- Then spoon the remaining chocolate over each cashew butter layer
- Return to freezer for about 10-15 minutes
- Once cooled, take them out and peel off the cupcake liner
- Serve and enjoy!