After hibernating inside my apartment for a few days, due to all the snow we’ve been getting in Boston this winter, I decided I needed to have a summery lunch. I was craving tropical flavors and juicy fruits. I was not feeling the usual soup or warm comfort food, that was all plain and unappetizing to me at the moment. From eating this salad, my mouth took a trip to the tropical islands while the rest of me was longing to. But I am so glad I did it because I think my creation of a salad was very delicious. The flavors all went well together.
If you’re looking to eat a summery salad in this freezing cold, never-ending-snow-storm-of-a-winter, try this recipe!
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Coconut oil and Lime Juice (optional dressing)
- Cut up the strawberries and avocado into slices
- Place a bunch of arugula on a plate
- Toss the strawberries, avocado slices, blueberries, chia seeds, and coconut flakes on top of the arugula
- I used a little bit of melted coconut oil mixed with some lime juice for dressing. Otherwise use a dressing of your choice and enjoy